Adobe Flash CS5 is available as part of Creative Suite 5! Download the demo directly from Adobe's website! more ›
So far I've considered Papervision3D as a product that's still in development - a fun toy to play with for those one-off projects. But I failed to realize how many badass mainstream websites are based on it until I watched the new Papervision3D 2007 showreel.
See for yourself:
So to make up for my ignorance I've compiled the highlights of sites that show off what Papervision is capable of -- even before the release of 2.0.
- Nike ACG
- Brahma Bus – I have no idea what this is, but it's pretty fun to put graffiti allover this Russian wannabe VW bus.
- Sony Bravia – By the PV3D co-creator Carlos Ulloa himself
- Absolut Vodka – iTunes meets your local liquor store
- Audi Rhythm of Lines – Warning, don't watch this after having Absolut Vodka
- Nissan Rogue Game
- REC YOU – I have no clue what's going on here, but it's the craziest shit I've seen in a long time.
- OSRAM – This makes me want to shop at IKEA
If you haven't used Papervision3D yet, but are ready to get started, there are plenty of good tutorials out there. Here's one by Peter Elst: Papervision3D in 5 minutes.